Monday, November 24, 2008

great weather is in order


7am in jarabacoa
Posted via Pixelpipe.

Ed Here -

So of course the data connection on my phone was not functioning properly, so the updates will come at the end of the day until I get it resolved... I will upload the pics and then add commentary until I get things worked out. blargh.

11-22-08

Ed Here -

Things did not go as expected with the posts from the road, the data plan portion of my service with t-mobile was not so mobile, turns out that Orange doesn't really honor the international data plan that I have with t-mobile. This lack of data pipe rendered the GPS updates and the pixlepipe posts to being completed when I got back to home base at "camp moto" in Jarabacoa. I just starting uploading pics, will be sorting it out as soon as I can.



2 comments:

  1. The reliability of tech gadgets is inversely proportional to the distance to a major city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the international data service as part of my plan, phone calls and txt worked fine. For whatever reason on Orange down there the data plan was VERY inconsistent. Tried switching over to 2G only, no go. Tried switch to Claro as the provider. No go. Both the GPS snapshot and the pixelpipe push both need the data network. It worked fine in Jarabacoa. Hope to have it sorted by the next tour.

    Cheers-

    ReplyDelete